3 SUMMER POOL HAIRSTYLES3
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WholeBlends #CollectiveBias
Photos by Ashley McFarlane
Summer will be here before we know it and I am so thrilled. We love to spend our days by the pool and in the sunshine. Today, I want to share with you some of my favorite haristyles and products for keeping your hair healthy through the summer.
I want to be extra careful with my hair and make sure I am really keeping my natural hair and my extensions healthy. I color my hair when I go to the salon to get it done, so I always make sure that I am using a color shampoo & conditioner. When I was grocery shopping at Walmart grabbing some new shampoo and conditioner, I was so excited to see the new Whole Blends Color Care line from Garnier. They have a shampoo, conditioner, and hair mask in the specific kind that I grabbed. It provides my hair with wholesome loving care, and is blended for naturally beautiful hair which I love. It is perfect for the summer time with being in the sun and swimming because it is formulated with ingredients that will nourish, deeply, hydrate, and repair my hair. There are also a big variety in the new WholesBlends that there is a blend for every hair type. The cranberry and argan oil formula that I snagged is formulated to protect color-treated hair which is exactly what I needed. You can see the whole line of the Whole Blends products.
I wanted to figure out some hairstyles that will keep my hair back while swimming or just summer time in general. I wanted simple things that as a mom I can do as I am running out the door. Not one of these hairstyles will take you over 5 minutes which is exactly what I was wanting.
B U B B L E P O N Y T A I L:
1. Section your hair into a half pony tail and secure with an elastic.
2. Take some hair from underneath that elastic and wrap it around the elastic to hide it. Secure with a bobby pin.
3. Grab a new small section of hair and add the pony tail from the above pony into it. Secure about a half inch below the first ponytail with an elastic. Inbetween the two ponytails, bubble the hair out by tugging on it. Wrap hair around the elastic to hide it the same as you did with the first ponytail.
4. Continue as far down your hair as you choose. You can go all the way down your ponytail, or you can stop and leave a regular ponytail if you choose to like I did.
A L T E R N A T I N G T O P S Y T A I L S
1. Grab sections from the sides of your hair and pull them back. Choose which side you would like to start with. I pulled mine to the left. Secure with an elastic loosely.
2. Take the ponytail and flip it up into the hair above it and pull it through. This is called a topsy tail.
3. Grab a new section of hair and pull it to the opposite side of your first ponytail. Repeat the same steps to create your topsy tail.
4. Continue down your hair as far as you choose. I wanted to do this one half up for a little bit of variety so I only did 3 topsy tails, you can go all the way down if you choose though.
T O P K N O T
1. Pull your hair into a ponytail on the very top of your head. If you have thinner hair, you can backcomb your hair to make your bun more full before you pull it up. I like to do it with a pick and you will do this before you pull your hair on top of your head.
2. Wrap your hair in a circle to create a bun.
3. Secure with an elastic.
4. Loosen your bun a little bit to make it more full. You can do this by tugging the hair gently until you get your desired look. If you have any layers come out, secure them with a bobby pin.
I love to use the Garnier Whole Blends products and I am so excited to have them through the summer. Hopefully with washing my hair with their system and keeping my hair pulled back it will stay healthy all through the summer with swimming. I love that the Garnier products smell absolutely delicious and keep my hair so soft and moisturized. You can find the Garnier shampoo, conditioner, and hair mask at your local Walmart.