5 WAYS TO TAKE TIME FOR YOU AS A MAMA.0
This post was sponsored by Nature Made® as a part of an Ambassador Program for Influence Central.
Often times as a mama we forget about ourselves. We devote our days to our little ones, we are there for anything they need at all. Bumps, bruises, you’re there. Giggles and bubbles, all day long. But what about you? What about your health and taking care of yourself to make sure that your little ones are taken care of. If we are burned out, sick, overly exhausted, etc. (which I know all these things still happen) we can’t take care of our families 100%. I am the first to run myself ragged, to over do it, and to not take any time for myself. I have learned very quickly, (but I often times still deny it) that I need to make sure I am taking care of me first. It seems so selfish to me, taking care of myself before or taking time from my littles. In reality though it isn’t, it is putting your little ones first to make sure that they have someone to take care of them 100% all the time, and I wouldn’t expect anything less for my littles than someone to take care of them to their full potential. With the holidays coming up, it is even more important to take care of ourselves because of the hustle and bustle and the magic of all of it.
So mama, let’s chat about 5 things that you can do to take care of yourself every day. 5 things that will help you to be the best mama to your littles that you can be, to give them everything you have because all of your needs are met. Trust me, when you take care of you, things seem to be a little easier, you will have more positivity and know that you are giving your littles 100%.
1. Take 15-20 minutes a day and do something that you love. This isn’t cleaning the house, folding laundry, cooking dinner… This is reading that gossip magazine that you haven’t read in a few years, a few chapters in a new book, watching The Kardashians. I don’t care what it is, but make sure it is you taking time for something that brings you joy, makes you happy, and gives you a break even for just a second from everything else going on in your life.
2. Work out. I know, I know… I am probably the worst at this and I need to be better and I really need to make it a commitment in my life. When you workout you are taking care of your body. You are making sure that the body that gets you through every day, lifts your little one, stirs dinner, baths your little one is healthy. It is so important. Work out because you love your body, you love that it is there to take care of your little ones every day. It is an absolutely amazing thing and if we take care of it, it will help us to take care of our little ones the very best we can.
3. Take your vitamins every day. I love to takeNature Made® Vitamins. I take the Calcium, Zinc, and Magnesium combination pill and Vitamin C in the fall and through the winter to help me to support my immune system. Nature Made® has a variety of vitamins, minerals and supplements (VMS) to help support nutritional gaps with your health goals in mind ranging from Digestive Support, Heart Health & Function, Energy Metabolism, Women’s Health and much more!† Taking vitamins helps us to keep our body and immune system the best that we can so we can stay healthy and strong for our families. I love that I can snag them at my local Walmart, they have every day low prices so I don’t have to wait for a sale, and that they are always in stock and ready for me to snag in the pharmacy area. It is so quick and easy for me to grab them while I am doing my regular grocery shopping and such an easy thing to do every morning while eating breakfast. Nature Made® is the #1 Pharmacist Recommended brand for many key dietary supplement categories* which helps me to know that I am putting the best thing into my body. Nature Made® vitamins and supplements: An easy, convenient way to help your body get the nutritional support it needs every day, whether it be to support bone health, immune health or energy metabolism (helping convert food into energy).†.
4. Plan days away from your little. They don’t have to be frequent by any means, maybe once a month, every other month, etc. but plan a little night away, a girls night, or even a girls trip. A time for you to reboot, get a little rest and relaxation, and to come back recharged and ready to go for your little ones. It can even be heading to the gas station to get a big Diet Coke and some M&M’s and eating them in your car by yourself. It doesn’t matter mama, just get away for a minute and give yourself some time.
5. Give yourself grace. Be easy on yourself. I promise that you are doing the best that you can and the fact that you worry and are concerned about your little ones means that you love them more than you know. The best part of little ones is that they are so forgiving. They give us chance after chance and love us no matter what. If your little ones are loved, fed, and safe, you are doing your job mama. They don’t know about that extravagant craft that you had planned that all fell apart, they are just so excited to spend some time with you. Always remember that you’re a good mama, they love you more than you know, and you are doing better than you think you are.
You can visit Nature Made® and join their program where you can get motivation and tips around your specific health goals.
Based on the 2016 U.S. News & World Report – Pharmacy Times Survey.
†These statement statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products is are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
You can purchase Nature Made® Products at your local Walmart.