5 Ways to Find Moments with Your Kids
So often as a mom I hear that I need to make sure that I am soaking in the moments. Anyone else hear that frequently? I have been trying really hard to find those moments and to breathe them in a little bit longer each time I notice them. I have realized a trend of things that helps me to find the moments and soak them in a little longer that I thought I would share with you in case you are looking for the same thing.
1 – Be Conscious and Look for Them
If you really want to find moments with your kids, you need to start out by changing your thoughts to look for them. At first, it wasn’t something on the forefront of my mind so I would set a reminder on my phone every afternoon that reminded me to look for them. Now it has become a habit and is something that I am so grateful for.
2 – No Moment is Too Big or Too Small
The really simple things are actually where I soak in the most moments, things like getting my kids dressed for the day, changing Rosie’s diaper, etc. Every time that I restock our Parent’s Choice Diapers (available exclusively at Walmart), I let the girls help me. They love to fill the drawer up, and I take the time to notice their little hands grabbing each diaper, the way they “stack” them or as Rosie pulls them out the drawer and just take a step back from the “perfection” that I feel like I need and let them be little. Another one of my favorite moments to soak in is after changing Rosie’s bum and putting a new Parent’s Choice Dry & Gentle Baby Diaper on her, watching how dry, comfortable, and happy she is. There is something about a baby running around only in a diaper and their little thighs just bouncing as they run. I swear – as silly as it sounds – a baby in Parent’s Choice Dry & Gentle Baby Diapers is a baby you will be obsessed over, plus bonus they won’t leak on you either because their diapers are stretchy but gentle.
3 – Let Them Be Little
My perfectionism comes out a lot, and it is something I have had to learn to let go of more as a parent. The moments that I end up remembering and soaking in are oftentimes the moments that my perfectionism would have prevented. Things like King pouring his own bowl of cereal and being so proud that he only spilled a little this time, Lettie lifting the juice out of the fridge and almost dropping it, but yelling how strong she is. Don’t let your idea of how things are “supposed to look” take away the moments that you can soak in with your kids.
4 – Put Things into Perspective
Someone once told me if it isn’t going to matter in 5 days or 5 years don’t let it matter in that moment. This has stuck with me, is it really going to be a big deal in 5 days or 5 years that King spilled juice all over the floor? No. Is it going to be a big deal in 5 days or 5 years that he learned how to clean things up and that it is okay to make mistakes? Yes! Putting that thought at the front of my mind when mistakes happen and I want to get mad has been life changing in parenting.
5 – Give Yourself Grace
Every day doesn’t have to be a day of soaking in memories. It is okay if you have a rough day as a mom and you try again tomorrow. We all have those days. We all feel frustrated and need a break to bring our emotions steady again. You are allowed to have days that you don’t love motherhood and your kids are allowed to have bad days. You can go to bed and start fresh the next day.
As I mentioned, we’ve been loving our Parent’s Choice Dry and Gentle Baby Diapers, available exclusively at Walmart. They’re dermatologically tested and made without latex, fragrance, and lotions. Plus, they come in two adorable prints. The built-in diaper wetness indicator changes from yellow to blue so you know when it’s time for a diaper change.
You can shop Parent’s Choice Dry and Gentle Baby Diapers online at Walmart here. I’m confident that you’ll love them as much as we do, so I’m hosting a giveaway on my Instagram channel here. Official rules to enter are below.
ATTINDAS HYGIENE PARTNERS
Parent’s Choice Diapers Giveaway
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THE PROMOTION (DEFINED BELOW) IS INTENDED FOR THE UNITED STATES ONLY, AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION IS SUBJECT TO THE PROMOTION DETAILS AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES, PUERTO RICO, UNITED STATES TERRITORIES AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION VIA THE INTERNET OR A MOBILE DEVICE MAY INCUR INTERNET USAGE CHARGES AND/OR MESSAGE AND DATA CHARGES.
- SPONSOR. Parent’s Choice Diapers Giveaway (“Promotion”) is sponsored by Associated Hygienic Products LLC, an Attindas Hygiene Partners company, with its principal place of business at 8020 Arco Corporate Drive, Suite 200, Raleigh, North Carolina 27617 (“Sponsor”). The Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, sales representatives, advertising, sales promotion, MMI Agency and induvial influencers engaged by MMI Agency (“Influencers”), and all other service agencies involved with the development, production, implementation, administration, or fulfillment of the Promotion are collectively the “Promotion Entities”. The Promotion is in no way sponsored by, endorsed by, administered by, or associated with any third party social media site, including Facebook, Inc./Instagram. (“Social Media”). You understand that you are providing information to Sponsor only, and not to Social Media. Any questions or communications should be directed to Sponsor at Promotions@Attindas.com and not to Social Media. By participating in the Promotion, you agree to a complete release of Social Media from any claims.
- ELIGIBILITY. The Promotion is open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia, excluding residents of Puerto Rico and United States territories and possessions. Promotion is void outside the United States and where prohibited by law. To be eligible, an Entrant (defined below) must be at least eighteen (18) years of age at time of entry or the age of majority in their primary state of resident (whichever is greater) at the time of Entry, and must have a registered account on Instagram (each, an “Entrant” and, all Entrants together, collectively, the “Entrants”). Promotion Entities and the immediate family members (spouse, siblings, children, domestic partners, and parents including foster and step-relations) or those living in their same household (whether or not related) as any person in any of the preceding categories, are not eligible to enter or win a prize.
- PROMOTION PERIOD. The Promotion commences at 10:01 pm Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on Sept. 7, 2021 and ends at 09:59 pm EST on Sept. 9, 2021 (the “Promotion Period”). All Entries (defined below) must be received prior to the close of the Promotion Period. Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Promotion.
- HOW TO ENTER. Within the Promotion Period, Entrants must navigate to the Influencers’ Social Media Site at Instagram (@danimariekrum) through their mobile applicable or web browser and follow the all entry instructions provided (each submission is an “Entry,” and all submissions by all Entrants, collectively, the “Entries”). Entrants must complete all required steps and/or provide all requested information in the web form in order to be eligible to win. No purchase is necessary to enter or claim a Prize, and a purchase will not increase your chances of winning. All registrations must be received prior to expiration of the Promotion Period.
- DRAWING DATE. Two (2) potential Winners will be randomly selected by the Influencer on or about Sept. 13, 2021, from all eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period. The random drawing will be conducted by the Sponsor or its agent, and Sponsor’s decisions regarding the drawing results are final and binding on these Official Rules, conduct, and all other matters relating to the Promotion, and Sponsor shall not enter into any correspondence or discussion regarding the same.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION. Two (2) potential Winners will be notified by MMI Agency on or about Sept. 16, 2021, by Social Media and/or email based on the contact information provided in their Entry and will be required to respond to the notification within seventy-two (72) indicating whether they can accept the Prize. If no response is received within the time allotted, an alternate potential Winner will be randomly selected (time permitting). Any alternate potential Winner selected will also be required to respond to the notification within seventy-two (72) hours. Sponsor is not responsible for suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless, or land-line phone service which may result in a potential Winner not receiving initial Prize notification. Any potential Winners may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release by returning it via email to the email address designated by Sponsor at the time of request. A Prize will be provided only upon verification by Sponsor that all Promotion requirements in these Official Rules or otherwise have been met by the potential Winner. Sponsor may require potential Winner to prove their identity, including proof of address. Examples of identification documents include, but are not limited to, passport, driver’s license, or current utility bill. Failure of a potential Winner to comply with the above Prize claim requirements or these Official Rules for any reason, or the return of any Prize notification or Prize as undeliverable, or the determination that a potential Winner is ineligible to receive a Prize, may result in forfeiture of the Prize and selection of an alternate Winner in accordance with these Official Rules. Sponsor is not responsible for any Entrant’s change of email address, mailing address, telephone number, and/or other contact information. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or modify this Promotion at any time for any reason. Sponsor also reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify this Promotion in the event an insufficient number of Entries are received or as a result of any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factors that impair the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion, or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
YOU ARE NOT A WINNER UNTIL YOUR ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED, AND IT IS DETERMINED THAT YOU HAVE COMPLIED WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- PRIZE AND ODDS. Sponsor will award one (1) prize to the verified winner consisting of a $500 USD of Walmart® gift card with an approximate retail value of $500 USD. Additionally, Sponsor will award one (1) Prize to the verified winner consisting of a year supply of Parent’s Choice® Dry and Gentle Diapers with an approximate current retail value of $279.84 USD, and the identical one year supply (retail value at $279.84 USD) of Parent’s Choice® Dry and Gentle Diapers donated on the Winner’s behalf to diaper bank of the Winner’s choice. Those two winners are referred to herein as Winners and the prizes are referred to herein as Prizes. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. A Prize is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible Entrants participating in the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize for a different Prize of equal or greater value at any time.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. EVERYTHING ON THE PROMOTION ENTITIES’ WEBSITE(S) ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. FURTHER, THE PROMOTION ENTITIES MAKE NO REPRESENTATION THAT MATERIALS ON ITS OR THEIR WEBSITE(S) RELATING TO THE PROMOTION ARE APPROPRIATE OR AVAILABLE FOR USE AT ALL LOCATIONS AT ALL TIMES. IT IS ENTRANT’S RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THAT ACCESSING ANY OF THE PROMOTION ENTITIES’ WEBSITE(S) AND ENTERING THE PROMOTION IS LEGAL AND NOT PROHIBITED BY THE LAWS OF THE JURISDICTION IN WHICH ENTRANT IS A CITIZEN.
- INDEMNIFICATION. By entering, you agree that Promotion Entities are indemnified, released and held harmless by you from any and all liability, for any damages, injuries, or losses of any kind to person(s), including death, or property (including pets), arising directly or indirectly from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the Prize or your participation in the Promotion or any Promotion-related activity, in any way.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. The Promotion Entities are not responsible for and are hereby released from liability with respect to: (i) any printing, typographical, mechanical, or other errors in the printing, the offering, or the administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of the Prize; (ii) lost, late, illegible, misdirected, or non-delivered Entries or emails; (iii) any Entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Official Rules; (iv) for lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider, website or other connections availability, accessibility or traffic congestion, or miscommunications, or failed computer, network, telephone, or cable hardware, software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (v) other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information; (vi) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (vii) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of any website; or (viii) injury or damage to Entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile device related to or resulting from participating in the Promotion or downloading or copying materials from or use of website.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE PROMOTION ENTITIES OR SOCIAL MEDIA ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ENTRANT’S ACCESS TO AND USE OF PROMOTION ENTITIES’ OR SOCIAL MEDIA ENTITIES’ WEBSITES OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID WEBSITES. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS. Winner(s) grant (and agree to confirm such grant in writing promptly upon request) to Sponsor, The Promotion Entities and those acting under Sponsor’s authority the right to use the Winner(s)’ name, photograph, likeness, voice, image, statements, and biographical information at any time or times for advertising, trade, publicity, and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the World Wide Web, without review, notification, approval or additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By entering, Entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, Entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Delaware without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, and any matters or proceedings shall take place in the State of Delaware. By entering, Entrants consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the federal or state court situated in Wilmington, the state of Delaware. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds may be tampering with the entry process or operation of the Promotion or any associated website, may be acting in violation of the terms of an associated website or these Official Rules or may be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to threaten, abuse or harass any other person. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or modify this Promotion at any time for any reason. Additionally, if, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, hacking, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes which, in sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, and randomly determine the Winner from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to action taken. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is unlawful and subject to legal action by Sponsor or its agents. Further, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion or these Official Rules without notice. If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. A waiver of any provision(s) of these Official Rules must be in writing, and a waiver in one instance or provision shall not be considered a waiver of any other instance or provision.
- WINNERS’ LIST. The name(s) of the Winner(s) will be available on or about thirty (30) days after the end of the Promotion Period. To review the Winner’s list, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Attindas Hygiene Partners, 8020 Arco Corporate Drive, Suite 200, Raleigh, NC 27617.