10 DORM ESSENTIALS0
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Walmart and Kleenex. All dorm essentials are picked and loved by me!
Oh fall season! Back to school. Such a bitter sweet time of the year. I love fall and all the clothes, cuddles, hot chocolate, pumpkin flavored, deliciousness of it all! With all the love I have for fall back to school was something that I loved because I knew my favorite things were coming right around the corner!
I never moved away to go to school, I always lived with my parents to save money and let’s be honest, I wasn’t quite ready to leave my mom yet… But that didn’t mean that I ever let dorm essentials sneak past me! Every year I find myself in the isles of Walmart picking up fun things to add to my room at the time or now my home. Dorm essentials are my favorite because of how trendy the products are and BUDGET FRIENDLY! I love to pick up things like garbage cans, storage units, Kleenex boxes, and other fun home decor items.
Storage Cube Box // Bedding // Mirror // Kleenex Box // Laundry Basket // Chair // Desk
1. Storage Cube Box – Or some kind of storage piece for your dorm. There isn’t a ton of space in a dorm so you are going to want a quick, easy, and cute storage piece. I love these storage cubes because of the versatility of them and the cute boxes that you can put in them. I also love that you can move the boxes! If you keep your shower stuff in a bin, you can take it into the bathroom easily!
2. Bedding – If you are going to be in a little space, might as well make your bedding the focal point of the room with some trendy cute bedding! It is an easy way to bring a lot to a room.
3. A Mirror – If you don’t have a bathroom in your dorm room, I think it’s a good idea to bring a mirror that doubles as something decorative on the wall. Then you can do any last minute touch ups in your room or even get ready in there if needed.
4. Kleenex/Tissues – Again, if you don’t have a bathroom in your dorm room, it may seem far to head to the bathroom if you need to quickly blow your nose or anything. These cute boxes from Kleenex Expressions are both functional and super cute in your dorm.
5. Laundry Basket – This is one of those duh items that seem so practical that you may even forget to put it on your list to buy. It is something that is a must have especially if you have to head to the laundromat to do your laundry.
6. Chair – If you get a chair like the one above or similar it can double as your desk chair and a chair if you have friends come over. Perfect solution to 2 different situations.
7. Desk – Your dorm space will be small so make sure that you don’t get a desk that will take up too much space. Another tip is to make sure it is really well organized too so you can make the most of your space.
8. Lamp – You will want a lamp by your bed, trust me girl. Then when you are up in the middle of the night or stay up later than your roommate you will have something to be able to not trip over everything that you don’t think is in your way on the way to the bathroom.
9. Microwave – Perfection to be able to cook something quick in your room. Ha this is my moms suggestion, then you can make your easy Mac whenever your heart desires!
10. Planner – This isn’t necessarily for your room, but I think it’s something really really important. Your life will be changing, new classes, possibly a new job. A planner is what is going to keep you sane! Trust me! Find a good one that works for you, it’s not the same for everyone.
(You can find all the items listed above and the limited time Kleenex Expression Chevron Boxes with the back to school/dorm stuff at your local Walmart Super Center)
I would love to have all of these things in my dorm room! Budget friendly and super trendy/functional! I mean heck, I want to go buy some of these things for my house! Did you move away to college? Do you love dorm essentials as much as I do?