5 Of the Best Products for Hair Extensions1
I am not a hair professional, these are just things that I have found work for me.
I think that a lot more people than we think wear extensions, have used them in the past, or are dying to try them. They are such an easy way to take your hair drab to fab in a couple of hours. Extensions can be hard to care for though. The better you take care of them the longer they last you which equals to saving money. You can read all about my experience of many different types of extensions and why tape in’s are my absolute favorite here.
I want to share with you my 5 of the best products for hair extensions, or really any hair to keep it smooth, healthy, and beautiful!
1. Fabric hair ties! Man are these a life saver! Who ever decided that these were a good idea is my best friend! These hair ties are so soft on your hair. You can use them to secure a pony tail, messy bun, or even a braid. They hold your hair in with out holding it to tight that it will break off, and they don’t rip your hair out when you take them out. They are what has saved my hair! These are around $5.50 for 5 ties. I love this set!
2. Redkin Allsoft Products! I currently only use the shampoo and conditioner, but man does it make the biggest difference to my hair! If you take away only one thing from this post, I want it to be to have you stop using drug store shampoo and conditioner!! I started using this over a year ago and my hair would be a disaster without it! I can tell with one wash when I don’t use it. My hair is dry and super frizzy. Girls, you need this in your life like now! You can buy the shampoo and conditioner here and it is around $24.50 a bottle.
3. Moroccan Oil! I use this 2-3 times a day. It makes your hair shiny and smooth. I put it in my hair right out of the shower, and then again after I style it. If I feel like my hair is extra dry or out of control (especially in the winter) I put a little bit more in before I go to bed. I recently ran out of it and it made for a rough few hair days! It is quite expensive at around $40 a bottle, but my bottle lasted me over a year so I think that is really good and totally justified buying it again. Okay who am I kidding, I would buy it only if it lasted a couple months because it makes that big of a difference! I buy mine on Amazon!
4. The Wet Brush! I get super tangled hair when I get out of the shower… Anyone else?? I feel like if I use a regular brush it rips out all of my hair and a pick just doesn’t get all the tangles out. The Wet Brush is amazing. It has soft plastic bristles that bend with the tangles of your hair so it doesn’t rip it out and it easily gets the tangles out. This hair is 100% safe to use on wet hair unlike any other brushes. This baby has changed my life. I would be bald with out it! This brush is around $14.00 you can buy it here.
5. Kenra Hairspray! I love this stuff! I try not to put too much product on my extensions to keep them from drying out just like my regular hair. This stuff has amazing hold and you don’t have to use very much of it. It helps me to not wash my hair as much because I don’t use as much which also keeps my hair healthier. It is around $17.00 a bottle and you can grab it here.
What about you? What are the best products for hair extensions for you? Which products have you found that you absolutely hate? Share in the comments so we can all find something new to try or not to try!