Taking your little ones out and about can be a daunting task, especially if they are little stinkers like King man. There is no way that I am not going to go places and such though, mama’s got to get out of the house right? I wanted to share with you my 5 tips to taking your littles out and about with you. They may be things that you already know, and they may be new. Either way, I hope they help and let you know that you aren’t alone!
1. Have low expectations. I know, I know, don’t we all expect our kids to be perfect little angels all the time? Well, stop that because mama, atleast for me, when I expect that, I am frustrated and disappointed really fast. Let them be little, let them scream and yell, laugh and giggle. I know it isn’t ideal, but it is just how life goes. When you have low expectations, a lot of the time things go way better than expected and who doesn’t want that?
2. Find a good stroller. Taking your little one in a stroller makes life a little easier. They are confined (until they can climb out of the buckles), it holds your things, and it just makes things so much better. This is more than finding a good stroller, it is finding the perfect stroller. I have tried out my fair share of strollers mama and I have finally found “the one”. I drive a VW Jetta and so there is no extra space for a big stroller to fit in my trunk. The UPPAbaby VISTA is perfection and I wouldn’t tell you that unless I completely believed it. It folds up quick, small, and pops back up effortlessly. I can hold 2 littles and it can have a kickboard/scooter rider on the back if your little one hits the stage where they are “too big” to ride in the stroller. Bassinet, stroller seat, kickboard, no problem! It has the biggest basket I have found (hello shopping bags). It glides like butter, and I dare say King is pretty obsessed with it too.
3. Take snacks, toys, or whatever else your little is obsessed with. King has to have his little tractors and pretzels and marshmallows are a must. Pack a bag of snacks, let them chow down and you go along your little way. Toys and snacks make life with a toddler so much easier, anyone else feel this way? I know it may seem like duh, take snacks… When I am rushing out the door they seem to be the first thing I forget though. I have put together a bunch of snack baggies with marshmallows and pretzels in a drawer and when I am running out the door it makes it so simple to grab something for King. If you haven’t tried that, it is life changing mama.
4. Round up all your places and make a day out of it. King is much better when we are running around oddly enough, so we make a day out of it and get it all done at once. If your little one is having a hard time though, go home and try again a different day because it isn’t worth it to have everyone frustrated, tired, etc. Grab yourself a Diet Coke on your way home, put your little one down for a nap, and take a second for yourself if it has been hard. There is always tomorrow.
5. When you get home take time with just you and your little one doing something they love. Putting everything away can wait (unless it needs to go in the fridge), take time to get down and play with them! Play outside, run around, have a dance party, whatever they need. They were troopers for your outing, (if not they probably need it even more) and now they need you to give them time with you. I promise, if you take the time for them after they have gone with you, things will be much better and your relationship with them will grow.
Photos by Roxana B Photography
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of UPPAbaby. The opinions and text are all mine.