Buy Now at Shopbop
Buy Crush Scrunchie Set from Shashi
Shop Lost + Wander Nikkie Sweater
Buy Now at Shopbop
And Voila Puff Sleeve Top by BB Dakota
Tory Burch Robinson Lanyard Card Case
We aren’t huge travelers in our family, but when we do go I get super anxious… I worry about my home while we are away, how King will transition on the vacation, what each day will look like, if my jewelry that has so much meaning behind it will be safe, and so much more. I am naturally a worrier… I think of things most people don’t think of and stress and worry about them more than is normal. I am not afraid of something bad happening, I just want a plan that if something were to happen I would be prepared to know what to do and how to best protect the people and things that are important to me.
When Zach and I got engaged, he gave me a beautiful ring. A ring that I still look down on my finger and look at and think about everything that we have been through together. Everything from when he tricked me about getting engaged for a week, living in the ghetto apartment for the first 8 months of our marriage that I was terrified in every time I was there, buying our town home together, our miscarriage, finding out we were pregnant with King, selling our townhome, and now building our home together. That little diamond ring isn’t a diamond to me, it is the journey through our lives together. It is the happiness, triumphs, sorrows, and everything in between. It tells our story.
I have done a lot of research through Jewelers Mutual Insurance Company with my worrying and stressing to know the best way to keep my ring safe while we are traveling. I have learned that 80% of women travel with their jewelry. That is a lot! I think it is totally great to travel with it, if you know the best way to keep it safe because 25% of people lose jewelry while traveling. That is a huge number to me of broken hearts of not finding their jewelry. So, let’s chat about 5 tips to traveling with jewelry and how to keep it safe. (Please note I have found all of these tips and so much more through Jewelers Mutual Insurance Company and am so grateful to them for helping me have a plan!)
1. Make sure that if you are traveling with your jewelry that you aren’t flaunting it. Put that necklace that means so much to you under your shirt instead of over it, flip your wedding ring around to look like just a band rather than the stone showing. If you choose to travel with your jewelry, pack classic pieces that you can wear with everything rather than packing a piece for every outfit that you wear.
2. Do your best to not pack your jewelry in a bag that will be checked. We all know that bags can get lost, keeping your jewelry in your carry on or purse will help eliminate any extra situations for your pieces to get lost.
3. Leave your jewelry in the hotel safe if you are going somewhere like the beach where it can get lost easily. This will give you peace of mind and let you enjoy your adventure more if you know your pieces are safe and sound in the safe while you are out and about.
4. Make sure you have insurance on the pieces that you are taking. You can get amazing jewelry insurance through Jewelers Mutual. You may or may not already have your wedding ring covered, but think about the other pieces that you are taking such as your beautiful pearls, your favorite watch, or your go to pair of earrings.They have a repair and replacement coverage that protects your jewelry no matter if it is lost, stolen, damaged, or just disappears out of the blue.
5. Think about leaving your jewelry at home to be inspected, cleaned, re-appraised, etc. This is the perfect time because you will be out of town and it will be left in good hands, then you can enjoy your trip and come home to your jewelry sparkly clean!
No matter where you travel, keep your jewelry safe, I promise that if you don’t, you may regret it later. No one wants to have that pit in their stomach that their keepsakes are missing. It is so easy to keep it safe, and protected. No matter how careful we are with our jewelry when traveling, accidents happen. That’s why there’s jewelery insurance.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.