How To: At Home Spray Tan
Randomly I show up on my Instagram stories with realllllly tan skin because I had Zach spray tan me at home which leads to tons and tons of messages asking what my spray tan gun is, what solution I use, and if I do it on my own. At home spray tans can be so simple if you use the right products, give a minute for a learning curve, and you will be a freaking champ in no time.
I bought my spray tan machine on Amazon of all places and it has lasted me over 5 years, it has been the best thing ever! I will say, I DO NOT use the solution that came in the “set” I purchased, but everything else including the gun and the tent have been amazing.
The solution that I use and love is the Norvell Venetian Tan, it is a green based solution so you don’t look orange. I spay tanned a friend of mine who is really fair and she was nervous when it went on but then told me it is her favorite tan that she ever has had. I am obsessed with the way the color turns out and won’t try anything else because with something like spray tan solution you don’t mess around.
Here are a few little tips and tricks that I have learned before showing you all the silly positions that I stand in while Zach is spraying me.
- Use a barrier cream. I put this on my knuckles, backs of my wrists, elbows, around my bikini line, knees, and ankles. This makes it so those places don’t soak up as much tan and look funny when you are finished.
- Make sure to shave and exfoliate your skin before you spray tan. This will help your tan to go on more evenly and last longer.
- Know that you can always add another coat on if you want to be a little bit darker, but you can’t scrub it off as easily. If you are nervous go lighter than heavier.
- Take the “gun” part off of the machine and “blow dry” your body after you are done tanning to help it dry a little bit faster.
- When you wash it off in the morning, don’t use soap. It will make your tan last a ton longer.
- Put on lotion every morning and night, just trust me on this. Your tan will last longer and it will fade a lot easier as well.
Here are all my silly positions that I do when I tan. Please know that I do it the same on both sides for positions one and two. At the very end I have Zach pray tan my face and then he does an “X” pattern on my hands and my feet to make them look the most natural.