I try to be really open about the fact that I wear extensions. I think that it is super important to be clear that my hair isn’t all my own. Caring for extensions is a little bit different than regular hair. I have learned a lot of different things about taking care of your hair to help to keep your extensions last longer.
- Try to only let your hair air dry. This is so much better for not only your natural hair, but also for your extensions. If you wear tape in extensions, it helps to keep the tape/glue in place and keeps them from slipping.
- Wash your hair as minimal as possible. I use a ton of dry shampoo, and I also only wash my hair only about once a week. You can go ahead and think that is gross, but it works for me and my hair has never been healthier and it keeps my extensions lasting longer.
- Find a good brush. I recently found this amazing Goody Copper Bristle brush. It is an absolute favorite of mine. If you have extensions you still will need to be careful toward the roots of your hair, but this keeps your hair and extensions so much smoother, shiner, and healthier. It massages your scalp and is so heavenly. My favorite thing about it is that it reduces build up on your hair so it will keep your hair cleaner between washes.
- Be careful which elastics that you are using. This goes for everyone to keep their hair loss to a minimum.
- Use a heat protectant. Finding good heat protectant will keep your hair and your extensions so much healthier if you curl or straighten your hair.
I also wanted to share with you a few ways that you can pull your bangs back using Goody BobbyPins and Copper Brush!
Pull your hair from your temple back after brushing it so it lays smooth. Secure with Goody Bobby Pins.
Do a simple knot braid (you can watch a tutorial here) to pull your hair back. Brush your hair out first, knot braid, and then secure with a bobby pin.
Simple twists from both sides. Take hair from your temples on both sides, simply twist them and secure them together in the back with a bobby pin!
Alexandre Birman Clarita Shearling Sneakers
BB Dakota Sleeve Me Here Knit Long Sleeve Tee
x KIDSUPER Oslo City Sneakers
Illesteva Leonard II Sunglasess
Buy Now at Shopbop
Three Panel High Rise Leggings by Beyond Yoga
I hope these tips help you to have your extensions last longer. I can usually go a year without buying new hair. You can also find the Goody Copper Brush, Bobby Pins, and Elastics at your local Walmart down the hair care aisle. Let me know if you have any other questions! I am happy to answer them! XO
DISCLAIMER: “Results of Copper Bristle Brush based on consumer usage and perception study”