I know, I am a little slow to post our New Years Resolutions. I have a new baby, can’t I blame it on that ha? Seriously this year has already been so good to us. I know it’s going to be hard to top last year, I mean we had a sweet new addition to our family! How can you beat that?? However, having this sweet boy in our home has already made this a pretty great year!
The past couple of years I have chosen for my resolution to do one little word. One little thing to focus on the whole year instead of a bunch of things to remember. My word this year is MORE. When I told Zach that this was going to be my word, he looked at me all confused until I explained a little bit more to him. Here is a few things that I am hoping to do with my word MORE.
- Be MORE present at home and with company/friends. It is so easy to get caught up on my phone, computer, TV, etc. I want to make sure that I am being present when I need to be and not turning to my phone to be a crutch when I am anxious or nervous in situations.
- Put MORE time into this little blog of mine. I’ll be honest with you right now, at first I didn’t start blogging to make it a business, but it has turned itself into one on its own. I want to make sure that I treat it like a business. I work harder on it, I love it so why am I not giving it the time it needs? I am not going to work as much as a nurse with King now, so I am hoping that this little blog of mine can give us a little more income to fill the void of me not working.
- Give myself to my savior MORE. I seem to let church things be the first thing that I let go… I know, it should be the total opposite, which is why I am making this a huge thing in my life. I need to read my scriptures MORE, attend MORE church meetings, put MORE time into my calling, turn to my savior MORE, etc. I know that if I give MORE to these things, that everything else in my life will fall right into place the way it should.
- Work out MORE. I can not wait to work out. Only 2 more weeks and I am in the free and clear. I want to make sure that I am treating my body better and keeping myself healthy.
As a family, Zach and I also chose a word for this year. We chose FAITH together. Here are a few things that we are hoping to accomplish.
- Have more FAITH in our saviors timing
- More FAITH in our saviors plan.
- Show our FAITH more.
- Have FAITH in each other.
- Turn to our FAITH more.
I know that having these 2 little words will make me a better person. I have to constantly remind myself, I am not in a competition with anyone else, I just need to be better than I was yesterday and that is all that matters.
heart Medea Medea Short Long Strap
Buy Ramones Tee from Daydreamer
click here to get the look
1996 Retro Nuptse Vest at Shopbop
One Teaspoon Street Walkers High-Waist 80's J...
Buy Crush Scrunchie Set from Shashi
Isabel Marant Etoile Noah Pants
DEMYLEE Gertrude Sweater
Buy Three Panel High Rise Leggings from Beyon...
Do you have a little word for 2015? Or do you stick to traditional resolutions? What is something that works for you to remind you and to have success?