NEW YEAR. NEW BABY. NEW US.
I know, I am a little slow to post our New Years Resolutions. I have a new baby, can’t I blame it on that ha? Seriously this year has already been so good to us. I know it’s going to be hard to top last year, I mean we had a sweet new addition to our family! How can you beat that?? However, having this sweet boy in our home has already made this a pretty great year!
The past couple of years I have chosen for my resolution to do one little word. One little thing to focus on the whole year instead of a bunch of things to remember. My word this year is MORE. When I told Zach that this was going to be my word, he looked at me all confused until I explained a little bit more to him. Here is a few things that I am hoping to do with my word MORE.
- Be MORE present at home and with company/friends. It is so easy to get caught up on my phone, computer, TV, etc. I want to make sure that I am being present when I need to be and not turning to my phone to be a crutch when I am anxious or nervous in situations.
- Put MORE time into this little blog of mine. I’ll be honest with you right now, at first I didn’t start blogging to make it a business, but it has turned itself into one on its own. I want to make sure that I treat it like a business. I work harder on it, I love it so why am I not giving it the time it needs? I am not going to work as much as a nurse with King now, so I am hoping that this little blog of mine can give us a little more income to fill the void of me not working.
- Give myself to my savior MORE. I seem to let church things be the first thing that I let go… I know, it should be the total opposite, which is why I am making this a huge thing in my life. I need to read my scriptures MORE, attend MORE church meetings, put MORE time into my calling, turn to my savior MORE, etc. I know that if I give MORE to these things, that everything else in my life will fall right into place the way it should.
- Work out MORE. I can not wait to work out. Only 2 more weeks and I am in the free and clear. I want to make sure that I am treating my body better and keeping myself healthy.
As a family, Zach and I also chose a word for this year. We chose FAITH together. Here are a few things that we are hoping to accomplish.
- Have more FAITH in our saviors timing
- More FAITH in our saviors plan.
- Show our FAITH more.
- Have FAITH in each other.
- Turn to our FAITH more.
I know that having these 2 little words will make me a better person. I have to constantly remind myself, I am not in a competition with anyone else, I just need to be better than I was yesterday and that is all that matters.
Do you have a little word for 2015? Or do you stick to traditional resolutions? What is something that works for you to remind you and to have success?