Bedtime has been crazy, we have been trying to get things organized especially with our move & get into a routine for bedtime that happens every night so King knows what is coming next. We have tried a lot of different things and none of them have kept us organized, or been easy enough to keep up with. You know how you get really good ideas and they seem to be perfect when you start them, but them after a little bit you realize that you jumped in a little too deep? Well, friends, I have found the perfect solution that is simple to maintain your organization & organized to keep your life running smoothly. I have learned that organization and routines are everything when it comes to having a home that runs smoothly.
I wanted to share a few things that have helped to keep us organized and a few things that we have learned in keeping a routine for King man and ourselves when it comes to bedtime. First let’s chat about organization. Here are a few things that we love and have found to really help to keep us organized.
1. Have a system for your diaper changes. Diaper changes are something that come all day everyday. Having everything in one place that can easily be moved if needed has saved us. We absolutely love our Ubbi diaper caddy, honestly it has changed my life. It holds diapers, has a wipe container instead of the silly ones that come with the wipes that the tops get stretch out and a mess, and a drawer to keep all your diaper rash cream in. It keeps everything for diaper changed in one place and it can easily be moved from room to room if needed. Honestly, it is a game changer babes. We also love our Ubbi diaper pail. It keeps the smell all locked into it so there is no stinky boy diaper smell in Kings room. It is super easy to use and my favorite part is that it isn’t an eye sore in your littles ones room.
2. Keep your big stock pile of diapers in the garage or somewhere else. Bring up enough diapers that you don’t have to keep restocking them constantly, but don’t let it take up all the space in your little ones closet. When they are little you will go through more diapers so you will want to keep more on hand, but as they get bigger, diaper changes aren’t as frequent and you can keep your big stock piles somewhere else.
3. Buy in stock at placed like Costco, SAM’s Club, etc. Then you won’t have to purchase diapers as frequently and you won’t have to worry about running out as quickly! No mama has time to worry about that constantly.
…shop my favorite diapering/potty organizational products…
Now, let’s chat about bedtime routines. We have tried a bunch of different routines, different sequence of things that we do, different things that we do, and it always comes back to keeping it basic. Here is our bedtime routine, and here are a few things that I have learned to make it run more smoothly. First, keep your expectations low. I always have these elaborate plans for a bedtime routine and then I put King down and we are all frustrated, I feel defeated, and bedtime is a “fail” in my book again. If I keep my expectations lower then I get excited that things went better than planned and bedtime is always a “success”.
1. Bath time! King loves to take baths so we give extra time to bath time and let him play and splash all he wants. This gets his wiggles and energy out a little bit before we lay him down too. Zach does bath time and it is their special time together. I love listening to them laugh from the bathroom, sounds of him being soaked by water, or when there are new “floaties” in the tub.
2. Diaper and jammies! While Zach gets King into his jammies, I get him a sippy cup of milk.
3. While King drinks his milk we read books, snuggle, and giggle! It is such a great time that we always are laughing & making memories.
4. Brushing teeth. This one is still a struggle, but we are working hard on it…
5. Binkie & his monster and tucked into bed.
Keeping bedtime routines basic and with low expectations will make for the least stressful (hopefully) bedtimes! I hope this helps you to know that you’re doing great mama, you love your little one so much and as long as they know it, then you are doing your job perfectly mama!
Thank you Ubbi for sponsoring this post!