The most perfect weather has been hitting Utah lately and we have been loving and enjoying the most amazing picnic parties, just me and little King man. I wanted to share a few things that I have learned that make for a less stressful picnic party with your little one and a few things that we have found are absolute necessities to take on your adventure.
….shop our picnic party must haves….
1. Always pack antibacterial wipes & a first aid kit if your little one is as crazy as mine. I love to keep these Me4Kidz products in my car so when we feel like stopping off the side of the road for a picnic party we always have them with us. Plus, they are good things to just always have too. I love that the first aid kit has different sections to it so you can take only what you need. The antibacterial wipes are perfect for wiping little hands, cuts & scrapes, or anything else. I promise both of these will change your life.
2. Take a blanket and always have one in your car to sit on or to wrap around your little one if it gets chilly. We are obsessed with our swaddle blankets from Captain Silly Pants. They wash up like a dream, are warm enough that if I need to wrap King up to stay warm when it is a little chilly they keep him warm, but are thin enough to keep in the car without it being too much or too bulky. No matter what blanket you choose, always keep one in your car. You will thank me later.
3. Wear comfy shoes! I am always in my PONS this time of year and they are a shoe I can run and chase King in if I need to. Put your little one in shoes that they can run around and play in too. You don’t want to be constantly chasing them trying to put their shoes back on, no mama has time for that!
4. Take snacks for both you and your little one. It will keep everyone (you included) a lot happier. We love Earth’s Best snacks. King is slightly obsessed with candy and we have been trying to get him to eat healthier snacks. Earth’s Best Organic snack bars have been something I have found him hiding in the bathroom trying to get open ha. Apparently they are his guilty pleasure? We also love their snack crackers too.
5. Don’t let your expectations be too high. Let them be dirty, let them run around and adventure, and don’t get too anxious. I’m the anxious hover mom and I have to take a step back and let him be little. Let them play, let them be a little kid. Children have their childhood adventures taken away from them these days, it isn’t easy, but letting them be little will always pay off.
Photos by Roxana B Photography