SUMMER ESSENTIALS FOR YOU & YOUR LITTLE
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RewardHealthyChoices #CollectiveBiasI can’t believe that summer is in full swing. Things have completely changed for me during the summer time with now having King and let me tell you, it seriously is so much better. I however do think of things totally different now being a mom than I did before. When getting ready to go play at the park I have to think about his sweet sensitive skin and how we can still play at the park while keeping the sun off him or with too many bug bites/owies!
I’m going to be honest with you for a minute. I had a slight mom break down moment when we were heading to the park and I realized that I didn’t have anything for us to be able to play in the sun for a few hours with out getting burned. I made Zach hit up the closest store to the park, Walgreens, and told him I would be right out with a few things. When I walked in I had another break down moment that I didn’t even know what really to buy. I was so grateful for Walgreens at that moment in time. They had a display full of summer products with everything that I needed from band-aids to sunscreen!
I have compiled a few of my favorite things that we can’t live without this summer for you so you don’t have a break down moment like me…Our summer essentials list use to be so different from what is above. With King being so fair we have to really think about his skin so we can still play outside and have some fresh air. No one wants to be stuck inside all day! That’s not good for your mind or health.
1. LUBRIDERM LOTION: I think this is my favorite thing on this list. I try to buy King baby lotion, but we don’t always have it with us. I also want a lotion that I can keep in the car for my dry skin and to keep his sun hydrated after playing in the sun all day. This lotion is unscented so it is better for the babe and it is perfect for his little sensitive baby skin. We absolutely love it and if you haven’t tried it we say you should ASAP and let us know what you think!
2. Neutrogena Beach Defense: This sunscreen is truly what allows us to play in the sun for hours on end (yes we do reapply!). With it being SPF 70 it makes me not be so worried about getting burned. My pediatrician okay’d this sunscreen for our entire family and told us that Neutrogena products are good for sensitive skin. I love that it is water proof and made for the beach. We don’t stress or worry at the pool either. This seriously keeps my mind sane for myself and for King.
3. Neosporin: We all know that with playing outside bumps, bruises, and scratches happen whether we like it or not. I love that I can keep this Neosporin in my diaper bag for both me and King. I swear I am the most clumsy person. I always am tripping over things and getting cut. Especially outside! This helps to keep my body free from infections while playing outside.
4. Band-Aids: If your diaper bag doesn’t have band-aids you need to throw some in there. I cover up the bug bites that King gets with band-aids so that way he won’t scratch them. Even though we do our best to protect him from bug bites, they are inevitable.
5. Sunglasses & a Drink for Mom: Sunglasses are a must! I have a pair for King, but he won’t keep them on so hats are our best friend. Make sure that you are protecting your skin also while playing outside and keeping yourself hydrated!
Another quick thing I would love to share with you is that Walgreens has a Balance Rewards for healthy choices app. They started this app to help their 80+ million loyalty cardholders with the most urgent public health issues and in modifying their behavioral risk factors. Both Zach & I have this app on our phones and use it daily. It helps those who are looking to manage their weight, exercise more often, quit smoking, or just want to be a healthier you. It helps so us so much by regularly tracking us and helping us to hit our goals as individuals and the goals we set as a family. I also love that we get points for doing healthy activities. They are an amazing sponsor who have healthy essential products to help people stay active and healthy during the summer. You can start today by visiting Walgreens.com/healthychoices.
What do you love to do in the summer and what do you do to keep yourself and your family healthy so you can play in the sun?
Oh and the display looked like this in my local Walgreens so that way you can find it if you are in a hurry! Don’t worry girl! I’ve got your back!
Your King is ahhhh-dorable! You are doing a great job, mom, at keeping that baby healthy! #client