We are holiday obsessed at our house. I think that every single day we are making some kind of craft or treat to get us into the holiday spirit. Anyone else just slightly obsessed like we are? I love finding new recipes that are simple enough that my kids can help with being the “dumpers” while I measure everything and the chances of them getting messed up isn’t the highest.
Growing up we would make “Muddy Buddies” all the time. Anyone else remember that deliciousness? Well, Chex™ has come in clutch and has tons of recipes just like Muddy Buddies that you can make at home with your kids. We did The Polar Express™ Hot Chocolate Chex™ Mix and my kids have asked every day since if we can make it again.
Slit Cuff Easy Pullover
Superstar Sneakers by Golden Goose
Lilian Dress at Shopbop
Get the Look
The Andamane Evita Jacket with Fringes
Shop adidas by Stella McCartney Ultraboost 20...
The recipe is simple enough that your littles can help to pour the ingredients in or be the “dumpers” like King likes to call it and it makes enough that it would be darling to do a double or triple batch and package it cute to take around as neighbor gifts. It is so easy to run to Walmart and grab all the ingredients including the Chex™, run home, whip it up real quick and to your kids you will probably win mother of the year. What little one doesn’t like to help cook and then eat the masterpiece at the end?
- 4 cups Rice Chex™ or Corn Chex™ cereal
- 4 cups Chocolate Chex™ cereal
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup hot cocoa mix
- 1 bag (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white vanilla baking chips
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate nonpareils
- Line 2 large rimmed baking pans with waxed paper. In large bowl, mix cereals. In small bowl, mix powdered sugar and cocoa mix.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave semisweet chocolate chips uncovered on High 45 seconds; stir. Continue microwaving in 15-second increments, stirring after each, until chips are melted and smooth. Pour onto cereal in bowl; mix thoroughly to coat. Transfer mixture to 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag; add powdered sugar mix to bag. Seal bag; shake to coat. Spread in one of the pans to cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave white vanilla baking chips uncovered on High 30 seconds; stir. Continue microwaving in 15-second increments, stirring after each, just until chips are starting to melt and can be stirred smooth. Stir in marshmallows; coat completely. Spread in remaining pan, spreading mini marshmallows into small clusters; let stand about 30 minutes or until coating is set.
- In large serving bowl, mix cereal, marshmallow clusters and chocolate nonpareils. Store at room temperature in covered container.