Another 1st Tuesday of the month, another hair tutorial! I am so excited to have these be a regular thing on my site you guys! You guys loved the french braid to twisted bun tutorial, so I am excited to bring this triple bun half up faux hawk hairstyle tutorial to you today (isn’t that name a mouth full ha?). This is something that can be elegant if you dress it up, or can be perfect for running errands in leggings and a sweatshirt if that is more your thing. I generally do this hairstyle when my hair is really dirty and needs to be washed, it keeps it pulled back, I can just wash my bangs if it is really bad, and I love that it is something different than the ordinary that is simple and quick! This hairstyle takes me under 5 minutes! Perfect for when you’re running late or if you have crazy little ones. So, let’s get started!
Also, as always there is a full video tutorial below the step by step tutorial too! Make sure to pin the step by step tutorial so you can reference it later! XX
– FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL BELOW –
TRIPLE BUN FAUX HAWK HALF UP HAIR TUTORIAL
- Section off a section of hair from your temples to the middle of the back of your head.
- Take that section of hair and twist it until it starts to twist and twist it into a bun.
- Secure with an elastic.
- Repeat with another section of hair right under the first bun. I grab more hair underneath rather to the sides so I have hair on the sides still.
- Twist and secure with another elastic.
- Loosen the buns with your hands gently to make them appear larger.
- Take one last section of hair from underneath the bottom bun, try not to pull from the sides rather than just underneath. Repeat with twisting the hair, and secure with an elastic.
- Gently pull and loosen the last bun to make it appear fuller.
- Rock your hair girl, you’re a total babe.